Letters of Access for Referral (LoA)
A Letter of Access for Referral (LoA) to the LR Dossier is available to all potential registrants who elect not to join the Mn REACH Consortium. The Mn-based substances for which a LoA is available are indicated in the table below:
|Substance name||EINECS||CAS||SIEF-nominated Lead Registrant|
|Manganese||231-105-1||7439-96-5||South32 (2015 nomination)|
|Manganese dioxide||215-202-6||1313-13-9||Tosoh Hellas A.I.C.|
|Slags, FeMn-manufacturing||273-728-1||69012-28-8||Ferroatlantica, S.L.|
|Slags, SiMn-manufacturing||273-733-9||69012-33-5||Ferroatlantica, S.L.|
|Manganese ores, reduced||273-748-0||69012-49-3||Glencore Manganese France|
|Manganese sulphide||242-599-3||18820-29-6||Höganäs AB|
* for these specific substances, joint-registrants will need to agree to the terms of the LR Agreement issued by Prince-Erachem before the LoA and registration token are provided.
- A template Chemical Safety Report (CSR) is supplied with the LoA. The CSR shall be submitted separately as part of each registrant's company specific information. The template CSR part B shall be modified by the registrant to include its own or its downstream users’ specific uses. The registrant shall also complete the CSR part A. Adapting and updating the CSR is the responsibility of each registrant.
- Any potential REACH registrant can purchase a LoA/template CSR.
- A LoA/CSR shall be purchased for each substance and per legal entity registrant.
- An Only Representative (OR) of one or more non-EU manufacturers shall purchase a LoA/CSR for each substance and for each non-Community manufacture that has appointed that OR.
- Each registrant is fully responsible for the use of the LoA/CSR in its own registration and for completing its registration before the corresponding tonnage deadline.
- The REACH-IT security token and joint submission name will accompany the LoA/CSR.
- The consortium does not offer advice or guidance on the use of the LoA/CSR or the completion of the IUCLID 5 joint-submission process.
To purchase a Letter of Access for referral (LoA), go to the following web portal to begin the process: http://manganese.webregistrationserver.com.